Generally, Sew Thankful Sunday happens once a week and it’s a time for me to share some of my favorite finds from Blogland that I am sew thankful for. I love the notion of paying it forward, and I love to share and acknowledge the many creative talents out there.
Summer fun sometimes makes it difficult to maintain the once a week schedule, so you’ll see a more “relaxed” time frame of every other week (or so).
Note: Click on any of the images and it will open a new tab with the associated link.
1. My friend Elaine from Summercrafter has started a new series called the Friday Night Block Party. Every Friday night she will showcase a quilt block and then you can add your own link of a block that you have made. I think it would be great if we could help this become a success; if you have a blog and a block to share, add your link!
2. I have discovered a new-to-me blog, Charming Chatter. Kelly is the charming lady behind the chatter and she recently posted a tutorial to make these sweet trivets and hot pads.
And more recently she shared this cute little number:
This is the sweetest cherry cheesecake I’ve ever seen!
5. If you want a good resource for quilting tips and tutorials, check out the Quilting Skills & Tips page at Sew Mama Sew. You can also find tons of information there on sewing in general.
6. This one is a blast from the not too distant past (2012). Sew 4 Home featured these Kitchen Confections: beautiful pieced placemats! The fabrics are some of my favorites, and the tutorial is outstanding!
7. The Quilting Gallery Blog recently showed some beautiful hand quilting using perle cotton. This is something that I have been wanting to try. It includes a video done by Sarah Fielke that really makes the process clear and easy to follow.
Thanks to all of today’s featured blogs, and I hope you found something to tickle your fancy!
Enjoy your Sunday!