Hello! It’s a beautiful Sunday and we have sew much to be thankful for! Allow me to share with you some of the highlights I’ve found in the blogosphere this past week (or so).
1. It’s getting oh so close to turkey day, and Camila at Titi Crafty has a roundup of 16 Thanksgiving banners and frames to share with you. It’s not too late to get crafty!
2. If you want to find the most useful sewing links in one handy spot, check out this post from The Sewing Directory. They have put together a comprehensive list of resources for sewing including sewing machines, sewing patterns, sewing with unique fabrics and much more.
3. Amy at Positively Splendid has an Apple-Praline Bread recipe that looks “killer” and I’m thinking it would make a great hostess gift too! Or if you’re having overnight guests, they will love you in the morning if you’re serving this for breakfast.
While you’re visiting Positively Splendid, check out Amy’s Christmas mantel for more holiday inspiration!
4. Another great hostess gift would be this cute apron by Jodi at Pleasant Home. She has her Auntie Dots Apron pdf pattern on sale right now so you can make one of your own!
5. The latest issue (#15) of Fat Quarterly is now available! This is an online e-zine that I adore and this issue is packed with winter goodies.
And they are offering a coupon code that is good for 20% at the Fat Quarter Shop until November 30th!
6. I love to see what’s happening at Craft-O-Maniac, and Jen has recently shared a round up of 11 Lovely Christmas Ideas. There’s something for everyone, and you don’t need a sewing machine for most of these!
7. I am just smitten with this “Noel” pillow by Tessa at The Sewing Chick. It could be the red and white ticking fabric or possibly the shape and size, but it’s all good!
8. I have recently discovered Jennifer Jangles Blog and I love her fun style! Among other things, she designs fabric for In The Beginning fabrics. She has lots of holiday stuff going on, including this JOY wall quilt.
and make sure you check out her recent snowman festivities:
9. You might know that I’m a huge fan of Anne Sutton, aka Bunny Hill Designs. Her blog, Bunny Tales is always fun to read and if you get her newsletter, you’ll find some treasures such as how to make these cute snowman ornaments.
10. Have you been following the Handmade Holiday Series at Sew Mama Sew? This week they featured a day of Christmas ornaments and you won’t want to miss it!
Whew! Sew much to be thankful for! This week brings us one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving. I have my oldest daughter and her husband staying with us for 9 whole days! Plus my youngest will be home from college and the other two will be popping in lots. There will be plenty of cooking and celebrating going on at our house!
And it seems most appropriate to let you know that I am so grateful to all of you! Your support and friendship makes it all worth while!
Have a blessed week of Thanksgiving!