Sew Thankful Sunday is here again with a LONG list of items that I am sew thankful for!
December is so full of awesome gifts (in the way of tutorials) that are being shared in blogland. Make sure you peak at each one today! It’s like finding hidden gems with no strings attached!
(Remember, you can click on any image and it will open up a new tab to the associated link).
1. Amy at Diary of a Quilter has a very cute tote bag tutorial that she’s sharing as part of the Handmade Holiday Series for Pellon. I think these would make great gifts!
While you’re at Diary of a Quilter, check out this post of Simple Handmade Gifts that Amy put together last year. I’m definitely going to put a few of those on my list!
2. Melissa at Ms Midge is hosting a Cushion for Christmas Blog Hop and it’s in full swing! I love the pillows that I’ve seen so far and they’re a quick project for the holidays.
3. The Quilting Gallery is has just announced next year’s Delightful Stars Quilt-Along! This is designed to help you with your accuracy and create beautiful quilt blocks at the same time. Count me in!
4. Are you looking for an easy idea for making last minute gifts? Check out the Simple Coasters Tutorial by Tonya at The Crafty Mummy. I would be happy to receive a set of these cute coasters!
5. If you need some ideas for stocking stuffers (for yourself or someone else), check out this list from Lori at The Inbox Jaunt. I should slip this list under Santa’s pillow! Check out the comments for more ideas too.
6. Marelize at Stitch by Stitch recently shared this tutorial for a Fabric Book Cover that would turn an ordinary gift into something really special! She shows you how to measure for any book so you can make yours any size.
7. Check out this cute Tufted Ribbon Memo Board from Amy at Positively Splendid. She gives you all of the details you need to make your own. Great way to display Christmas cards and showcase some pretty fabric!
Pillows are very popular, especially during the holidays. Here’s three that I know you’ll love!
9. Here’s an adorable pillow from Amanda, aka Jedi Craft Girl that has a definite modern feel to it. She has a hidden zipper in the back that I personally love!
10. What’s not to love about this Christmas Ornament Pillow by Tessa Marie at The Sewing Chick. Seriously too cute, so I must make one for myself!
11. This year’s Sugar Block Club has come to a close at Stitchery Dickory Dock, but Amy has come up with an awesome Layout Tutorial using EQ7 software. If you’re lucky enough to have EQ7 or just curious, this is a great place to look. She’s also doing a giveaway to win your own EQ7 software!
12. I love this Evergreen Tree Table Runner Tutorial from Connie at Free Motion by The River. Those checkerboard borders are my favorite!
13. I’m always looking for cute storage ideas and the gals at Craft Storage Ideas recently did a round up of ways to store your thread. They have lots of creative inspiration for all things crafty at their blog!
14. I love table runners and Sherri at A Quilting Life shares a tutorial for a Scrappy 9-patch version that is just too cute. Plus it’s so quick and easy, you’ll want to make more than just one!
15. If you haven’t discovered The Pioneer Woman yet, you will become addicted especially after seeing these Pretzel Turtle Cookies! I love all of her recipes and her instructions and pictures are mouth watering.
16. Another one of my favorite cooking sites, Our Best Bites, recently did a round up of Holiday Neighbor Gifts from your kitchen. The list includes printables, cookies, snack mixes and candies. I love that kind of gift!
17. I love peeking into designer homes during the holidays for inspiration. You’ll be able to indulge, too, with the 12 Days of Christmas Tour. Lani at Simply Fresh Vintage has all of the details and lots of inspiration of her own to share!
18. Another group of bloggers have gotten together for a blog hop, Creating a Handmade Christmas. You can get the scoop and more links at Confessions of a Plate Addict.
I hope you have enjoyed this list of highlights that I am sew thankful for, and that you’re own holidays are full of gifts both given and received!