There were 36 entries in the July UFO link up – bravo! I let the true random number generator pick the two winners for me and it came up with #12 and #32.
The first winner, #12, is Lori K. Lori finished this beautiful quilt that she had started in 2014!
The second winner, #32, is Kathleen M. Kathleen finished this lovely ocean-themed quilt.
Congratulations! You will each win a copy of Triple-Play Scrap Quilting, 4 fat quarters, a 2 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ ruler and a mini seam ripper.
The prize package for August includes a bundle of wine-themed fabric, Kimono silk thread, Heat ‘n Bond Lite (my favorite), Pieces From My Heart pattern and a prepaid subscription to The Quilt Show. That’s just a little incentive to get you going this month on finishing up an old project!
A note about the prizes that I give for the Hello 2016, Goodbye UFO monthly challenge. For the most part, the items that I give away each month come from my own sewing room or from The Granary Quilt Shop where I work and teach. I like the idea of “recycling” quality quilting supplies, and what’s old for me is new for someone else. I try to mix a little old and new in each package and I aim for a value of about $40 dollars. Hopefully, everyone’s happy at the end of the day!
I have another winner to announce for Maggie’s First Dance Block 3 giveaway. This month’s winner is comment # 80, Sherril K. who said, “My favorite tool is my quarter inch foot.”
I asked everyone to tell me in their comment what their favorite quilting tool is. After reading all of the comments, the most popular tool by far is your rotary cutter. Here’s a list of the other favorites. Maybe you’ll discover a new, must-have tool!
- sewing machine
- 1/4″ piecing foot
- seam ripper
- Wonder clips / binder clips
- Ott light
- rotating cutting mat
- Best Press (spray starch alternative)
- internet (yeah!)
- printer (for printing paper piecing patterns)
- Bloc Loc ruler
- Electric Quilt Software
- A good needle
- Folded Corner Clipper by Prairie Sky Quilting
- Quilter’s slidelock ruler
- Sewing machine seam guide (to get that perfect 1/4″)
- Longarm machine
- Karen Kay Buckley small scissors
- Add a Quarter ruler
- Plastic chop sticks
- Tulip Hiroshima needles
- 4 1/2″ Creative Grids ruler
- Olfa ergonomic rotary cutter
- A good quilt instructor
- Baby Go! for applique cutting
- long tweezers
- Purple Thang
- KAI scissors
- Friction pen
- Bo-Nash mesh ironing screen (keeps your iron clean)
- 4-in-1 tool by Alex Anderson
- My favorite tool is one I made myself for making perfect half square triangles. I took a 6 inch ruler and placed a thick line of masking tape on the diagonal line. Now all I have to do is but that layer of masking tape up against the diagonal seam and trim. Works every time! – Sally Heilinger
Thanks for joining me today!