National Quilting Day is tomorrow, March 18, 2017! I’m so glad there’s a day to celebrate and honor quilting’s history and current trends. Whether you’re just beginning or you’ve been at this for a while, there’s no doubt that quilters love an excuse to sew and share! Let me give you a few ideas of ways you can celebrate this day.
- Finish a UFO (unfinished object) or at least make a list and prioritize them.
- Give your sewing room a spring cleaning.
- If that’s too big of a job, organize one thing such as your scraps, magazines, patterns, thread, etc.
- Visit your local quilt shop and do some shopping!
- Take an online quilting class. I love Craftsy classes and iQuilt classes.
- Listen to a sewing/quilting podcast. Two of my favorites: American Patchwork & Quilting Podcast, hosted by Pat Sloan, and Modern Sewciety, hosted by Stephanie.
- Teach someone else to quilt.
- Play with your fabric stash and plan your next project.
- Browse Pinterest or Instagram for quilting inspiration.
- Try a new skill. Find a book or watch a YouTube video that demonstrates it well and go for it!
In addition to that list, here are a few more things to check out.
The Quilt Show is opening up all of its shows, 101-1713, for the entire weekend! That’s 220 shows featuring some of the quilting worlds leading artists for FREE!
Martingale is having their semi-annual warehouse sale. That’s over 90 books on sale for $5 each!
Make this sweet Little Clover Block, compliments of The Splendid Sampler.
Enjoy the weekend and Happy Quilting!