I never imagined that this would be my most popular blog post and pattern! This versatile face mask pattern was born out of necessity, and I’m so glad it has become liked and used by so many.
You can find the original blog post with links to the downloadable pattern, video and all updates here: Versatile Face Mask Pattern Tutorial. That will give you more in-depth instructions and photos, and it’s a great place to start.
For your convenience, here is a download link to the pattern:
And here is the video tutorial, also available on YouTube:
Resources mentioned in the video
- How to resize a face mask pattern: https://youtu.be/u3HM2jVLJdg
- 2″ Double Fold Binding tool available at Purple Hobbies: https://www.purplehobbies.com/store/p…
- Diagonal Seam Tape: https://amzn.to/2A41Vzx
- Filter Material: https://filti.com/product/filti-face-…
- Video Timeline:
- 0:04 Intro: About the Versatile Face Mask
- 01:40 Supplies
- 02:45 Cutting instructions
- 02:55 Size information
- 04:05 Sewing machine set up
- 04:51 Sewing the face mask
- 08:48 Tie and nose wire options
- 12:16 Sewing the ear loops (or ties)
- 13:40 Optional filter
If you have any questions, you can leave a comment here. You’ll find many good questions and answers in the comments of the original blog post here.
Thank you for stopping by today, and if you’re interested in more tips, tutorials and inspiration for quilting and sewing, please subscribe to get updates any time I publish a new blog post.
I hope you stay safe, healthy and positive!