Hi everyone. Many fires are still burning in California. So many of you have already donated quilts to various groups including WE CARE. I have recently been contacted by another group, Bike Angels United, who are looking for quilt donations for fire survivors in Lake County, California. In August, the Cache fire burned 56 homes to the ground, the majority of which were located at two mobile home parks. This displaced many who are low income and/or older folks, all of whom lost everything in the fire.
In 2015, Candy Alcott started Bike Angels United by giving away 30 bikes to kids whose bikes were lost in the Valley Fire. Unfortunately, not every child walked away with a bike that day. After a push on social media, Candy and her friends, family and local bike organizations (all bike angels) were able to return with 300 bikes! And their work has continued each year as fires continue to pop up in nearby areas. The most recent of those is the Cache fire.
So, what does this have to do with quilts? Candy has seen a need to provide the warmth of a quilt to displaced senior citizens and children of Lake County. She will be in that area in mid-October to give away bikes and would also like to have quilts to hand out to those in need.
Quilt Donation Information
- Quilt size: Lap or bed-size
- Quilt type: Finished quilts suitable for adults or children
- Total quantity needed: 50 adult and 25 children
- Donation deadline: October 10, 2021
- Contact person: Candy Alcott, email@example.com Phone number available upon request.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Bikeangelsunited
- Mailing address for quilt donations: Sandy & David Hall, 21190 Santa Clara Road, Middletown, CA 95461
I’m running low on kid’s quilts to donate, but I do have some that are perfect for adults. I’m glad to know they will be going to a good home and bringing someone comfort. Thank you in advance for being quilt angels for this great organization!