Today you get to share your March UFO & WIP Challenge project(s)! The link up will be active for one week, so you still have time to finish something! This month’s prize is sponsored by yours truly. One winner will received a fat quarter bundle of Sewing with Singer from Robert Kaufman and two patterns: Franklin Star by The Crafty Quilter Designs and Pot Luck by A Quilting Life Designs.
I achieved both of my goals this month. I added the binding to my block of the month quilt from 2013 (a Fat Quarter Shop Mystery BOM). I had more than enough red and white polka dot fabric to go around the entire quilt, but there were lots of seams. I used my favorite machine binding technique for a fast finish.
After being hidden in a drawer for five years, I was so glad to have this quilt finished. I’m definitely benefiting from my own challenge! I remembered to add one of my personalized labels (from Dutch Label Shop) to the back. I used the embroidery stitches on my sewing machine to add the year of completion. This took a little trial and error, but it was well worth it.
My second finish for this month makes me SO happy. I started this “J for Julie” monogram quilt a long time ago – I can’t even remember when. I had the top done and the layers basted whenever it was that I left off. Now it’s ready for my sewing room wall, even though my wall isn’t quite ready for it!
The background of this mini quilt is improv pieced with scraps of low volume prints. I found the J font on Microsoft Word software (I don’t remember the name of the font). The applique is done using fusible machine applique.
I really enjoy free motion quilting small quilts like this one. It’s easy and it gets done quickly. That seems to be the name of the game with me lately.
I found the perfect yellow striped fabric in my stash for the binding. More happiness! And another quilt label got used. I’m linking this finished project up with Cheryl at Meadow Mist Design’s Favorite Finish Link Up. Hop over there to see some more beautiful quilts.
March UFO & WIP Link Up
Now it’s your turn to show off your finished project. Remember, you don’t need to have a blog to participate.
- Click on the blue “add your link” button.
- Enter the URL of your link. If you don’t have one, type in a dummy URL such as http://juliec Using your first name and last initial seems to be a good choice.
- Enter the link title. This should describe your project and it can include your name if desired.
- Enter your email address. No one will be able to see this but me.
- Choose an image source and upload your image. If your photo size is too large, it won’t accept it. You’ll have to re-size it to a smaller file size.
- If you have any trouble, just leave a comment or send me an email with your photo attached. I can add it for you.
- You may add up to 2 finished projects.
- One image per finished project.
- Project must be quilting, sewing or needlework related.
- The link-up will be open until April 6, 2019, at midnight, PST.
- This month’s giveaway is open to USA or Canada, however, anyone can join the link-up. If a winner is chosen that is international, then another number will be picked until it meets the criteria.
- Winner will be drawn at random on April 7, 2019