It’s the last Saturday in July which means it’s time to show off your completed project for the 2019 UFO & WIP Challenge. There is a link up at the end of this blog post and one winner will be chose to win a prize package that includes a fat quarter bundle of Bee Backgrounds by Lori Holt for Riley Blake Fabrics, a Simple Folded Corners ruler and a small flower tin with flat-head pins – compliments of me and my stash! .
As for me and my July UFO & WIP challenge project, it’s still right where I left it. Table runner top, backing and batting ready for basting, quilting and binding. I just couldn’t get to it this month. Priorities change and that’s how it goes sometimes.
However, I have been making progress on my granddaughter, Amelia’s, busy book. She turned four a few days ago, and I wanted it finished for her birthday. Well, that deadline has passed, but we are going to visit in mid-August so that’s my final deadline. FINAL. I mean it.
So far I have semi-completed seven pages. There’s still a few finishing touches to add sto a few such as eyes for the lady bug and dinosaur, etc. I have a tic-tac-toe page, a Chicka-chicka-boom-boom page, a dinosaur page, a mitten page, a “button on the flower” page, an overalls clasp page, a ladybug zipper page, and a “spell your name” magnetic page. I will do a separate blog post all about the busy book once it’s completed. I still have to figure out how I want to “bind” all of the pages together, but here they are so far:
It’s definitely a work in process (WIP)! I’m going to make it so that you can add and remove pages as needed. So even when it’s completed, I can still create new pages for it.
I hope you all have had time to complete a UFO. Summer can be a time of busy-ness with vacation plans and house projects, or it can be a catch up time for fun and relaxation. It’s a little bit of both at our house! Let’s see what you’ve been busy with. Add your photo to the link up below to be entered into this month’s giveaway.
July UFO & WIP Link Up
- You may add up to 2 finished projects.
- One image per finished project.
- Project must be quilting, sewing or needlework related.
- The link-up will be open until August 3, 2019, at midnight, PST.
- This month’s giveaway is open to US and Canada only.
- Winner will be drawn at random on August 4, 2019
- Click on the blue “add link” button (below).
- Enter the URL of your link. If you don’t have one, click on the blue “enter without link” button. The upload widget will activate.
- Note: If your photo size is too large, it may not accept it. You’ll have to re-size it to a smaller file size.
- Enter a caption for your image. This should describe your project and it can include your name if desired.
- Enter your email address. No one will be able to see this but me.
- If you have any trouble, just leave a comment or send me an email with your photo attached. I can add it for you.