Welcome to the August UFO link-up! I hope you’re still motivated to whittle away at that list (or pile) of UFO projects. (The link-up is at the end of this post.)
I had a successful month as far as UFO’s go. I finished my project for this month AND I finished last month’s quilt, too. Well, I still need to sew on the binding of that one, but I’m hoping to make a tutorial with it so I need to get my ducks in a row first.
This month’s goal was to finish a quilt that was started in 2007 (my guesstimate). I originally had no pattern, just a block that I wanted to make out of Kaffe Fassett prints and solids. I made most of the blocks and then lost interest in the whole project and put it in a shoe box. I remember not liking the colors or design. Funny how your tastes can change over time.
Nine years later and I love this Autumn Reflections quilt! It’s a happy ending and I wouldn’t have gotten it done if I didn’t challenge myself to finish a UFO each month.
I used a stencil for most of the quilting. I’m going to do a separate post about the quilting and the use of stencils. There’s a lot of information that I can share about that and it deserves its own post.
AUGUST UFO LINK-UP
I hope that many of you are finishing projects of your own. This month two people will win a prize that add a project to the link-up. The prize package for August includes a bundle of wine-themed fabric, Kimono silk thread, Heat ‘n Bond Lite (my favorite), Pieces From My Heart pattern and a prepaid subscription to The Quilt Show.
- You may add up to 2 finished projects.
- One image per finished project.
- Project must be sewing or quilting related.
- The link-up will be open until September 7, at midnight, PST.
- The giveaway is open to USA or Canada only, however, anyone can join the link-up. If a winner is chosen that is international, then another number will be picked until it meets the criteria.
- Winner will be drawn at random on September 8, 2016.