The Spring Petals Quilt Along link-up is finally here! I’m so excited to see everyone’s finished project. Edit 6/8/15: Linky is now closed.
I want to remind everyone that I have some great prizes to motivate you to finish your table topper and link up. The Fat Quarter Shop is giving away TWO $25 gift certificates. I LOVE browsing their fabric selections, and it’s always fun to see what they’ve chosen for their precuts sale of the week and their 24-hour flash sale.
I’m also adding a prize package of my own that consists of a pattern, two mini-charm packs, one charm pack and a few notions.
- The link-up is open to anyone who has made a Spring Petals table topper using my tutorial.
- It does NOT need to be quilted and bound; tops only will be fine.
- You can link up more than one completed table topper, but not two pictures of the same project.
- You don’t need to have a blog or website to enter the link-up. However, I think your photo needs to have a URL code. This is my first time hosting a linky party, so I’m learning how it’s done (along with many of you). If you have a Flickr account, you can use it to generate a URL. Go here to see how to add images with Flickr. If you don’t have Flickr, and you’re not able to upload an image, then please email a photo to me, julie at TheCraftyQuilter dot com, and I will add your image to the link-up.
- The link-up will remain open until June 5, 2015. Three winners will be drawn at random on June 7, 2015. Winners announced here.
- International entries are welcome.
So far, I’ve got two completed table toppers of my own, and I have two more that need to be quilted and bound.
I love my first one, made in all solids using Cirrus Solids from Cloud 9 Fabrics. I’ve become obsessed with this line of fabrics. They are a chambray-weight, yarn dyed, cross-weave fabric and so dreamy to work with. I’m not getting paid to say that – they are just that awesome.
The backing material for this one is a fun yellow and white polka dot that accents the single, yellow circle in the front. Plus, I love the way the black binding looks against it.
The second one I made has a touch of sweetness with the Pam Kitty Garden fabric I used. This one really brightens up the table.
And the back of this table topper is pieced with left-overs of the same fabric.
So, get busy you guys! You have almost a whole month to finish your table topper. You can find all of the tutorials for this quilt-along at the Spring Petals QAL page.
Thanks for playing along with me! If you have any questions, you can email me or leave a comment. I’ll be in Austin, Texas this weekend visiting my daughter and her husband and my soon-to-be grandchild. I will try to respond to your comments/questions as soon as possible.